Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!

March 2nd would have been Dr. Seuss's 107th birthday if he were still alive, and in honor of this great contributor to children's literature, we celebrated his birthday with a parade. The children of Crossover and their teachers dressed up as different characters from the iconic books.

Class 1 dressed up as Thing 1 and Thing 2 (and 18 other Things!).
“Look at me!
  Look at me!
  Look at me NOW!
  It is fun to have fun
  But you have
  to know how.”
The Cat in the Hat

Class 2 dressed up as the meddlesome monkeys that attacked Horton, and Ms. Brassil was Horton! 






  “…I meant what I said
 And I said what I meant….
 An elephant’s faithful
 One hundred per cent!”
 Horton Hatches the Egg

Class 3 had a Grinch in their midst, along with plenty of Cat in the Hats:

 "You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself
Any direction you choose.
You’re on your own. And
you know what you know.
And YOU are the guy who’ll
decide where to go."
Oh the Places You'll Go!

And they were joined by many more Cat in the Hats from Class 4!


“UNLESS
someone like you
cares a whole awful lot,
nothing is going to get better.
It’s not.”
The Lorax

And Class 5 came as their own polka-dotted zoo!
"Today you are you!
That is truer than true!
There is no one alive
Who is you-er than you!
Shout loud, “I am lucky
to be what I am!"
Happy Birthday to You!

For more Dr. Seuss pictures, check out our Picasa album. 


“Because, after all,
a person’s a person,
no matter how small.”
Horton Hears a Who!

No comments:

Post a Comment